9/16/2011

Early Impressions

This is my second time doing an exchange in Japan. The first time was when I was in high school in the Kanto region. In Kanto, I have host families and friends and a feeling of a hometown in Japan. I was worried about starting over in Kansai and how different it might be. Of course I was wrong to be worried and I’ve met so many great people in such a short time. I’m already regretting having to go back home at the end of this school year. 
view from balcony of my room
My dorm is located in a residential area of the town where my university is. There’s rice fields, traditional houses, and temples on the way to school.  Even through I’m not doing a homestay I still get to live in a typical Japanese neighborhood. 
I’m looking forward to exploring Osaka, Kyoto, Nara, and all the other areas in the Kansai region. There is so much history and culture here to see so I feel lucky to be doing my exchange here in this part of Japan. I can’t wait to travel around Japan. when I was here before I didn’t get to do as much as I wanted, I want to do as much as I can here. I’m already dreading leaving Japan at the end of my exchange. 
downtown Osaka





    

1 comment:

  1. You just got here - don't worry about leaving so soon! But I get the feeling you want to take advantage of every moment you are here. I look forward to reading about your future explorations and observations.

    Please enable anonymous comments.

    ReplyDelete